CUSP Magazine: Writers and Blogger InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionCUSP Magazine and Blog is an online news source for Chicago’s underground culture. We feature material about up-and-coming artists, new businesses and clubs, and emerging trends that other sources haven’t yet explored. We produce a quarterly online magazine and maintain an active blog, both of which are comprised of the work of our contributors.
We prefer writing about Chicago-based emerging businesses, individuals and ideas because we at CUSP share the same passion that fuels startup companies, artists and trends. Sharing this passion for innovation is paramount for one wishing to apply: if you aren’t interested in up-and-coming artists, new organizations or cultural ideas that have yet to trend the Twitter-sphere, then this position is not for you.
This internship is designed to develop the creative skills of culturally-inclined individuals through professional mediums and hands-on application. Additionally, we want to acclimate our interns into the culture of CUSP Magazine in order to bump them to the top of the list of applicants for paid positions after the completion of their internship.
Check out the magazine here: cuspmagazine.com
ResponsibilitiesWill be discussed in phone interview
RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this internship will demonstrate all of the following traits:
• Resident of Chicago
• Hold a degree in/ pursuing a degree in Journalism and/ or have extensive knowledge of/ experience in journalism
• Ability to communicate information effectively, creatively and concisely in written and verbal form
• Genuine interest in emerging topics of Chicago culture, such as music, trends or business
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn about journalism in a practical, hands-on setting
• Commitment to deadlines
• Familiarity with AP Style