Content Writer/Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionSTACKS Magazine is an online-based editorial compilation of business and financially-inspired entertainment news, gossip, resources, tips, and other information that caters to the urban community. As the first known magazine of its kind that caters to the 18 to 40 year old demographic, our goal is to help readers empower themselves as they move about in their careers and life.
STACKS Magazine is the first project under the Stacks Publishing Group LLC umbrella. Since 2009, our online magazine has steadily branded itself in the entertainment and editorial business. Our content varies from exclusive celebrity interviews, behind-the-scenes footage from music to television/film events, album reviews, red carpet and high profile events, sports, fashion, entrepreneurship, personal finances, money management, stocks, taxes, credit, and more.
We are in search of passionate writers who enjoy entertainment, business, and finance. The perfect intern candidates will possess a high level of creativity, wit, and love of everything pop culture! For example, if you are completing your bachelors degree in business management, but stay up-to-date on all of the latest fashion trends, THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU! We are looking for hip individuals who understands the importance of managing money and maintaining success.
Responsibilities- Create editorial articles (no less than 3 submissions per week) - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT DEVOTE TIME TO 3 ARTICLES PER WEEK!!!!
- Be proactive in searching for (and confirming) interviews or content worthy of inclusion on website
- Be willing to travel and cover events (in your area); must have access to vehicle and camera
- Be willing to assist Publisher develop new content ideas to increase engagement of 18-35 yr old target audience
- Re-post/share articles on Social Media websites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, radio/tv broadcasting, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to create a news story with minimum resources
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Experience/interest in working with Wordpress as and administrator or contributor
- Knowledge of pop culture, urban music, fashion, film/television, sports, business, finances, etc