Copy Editing InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionDo you fix everything you read? We have the internship for you!
TheCelebrityCafe.com offers a 12-week internship that will enable students to practice their classroom learning in a real-world environment, and showcase their talents on the longest-running entertainment magazine on the Internet. Editors will receive regular feedback on their work from editors, and will be followed throughout the program by TheCelebrityCafe.com's staff of professional journalists.
Here’s what you need to know about the program:
The internship is an unpaid, work from home position for either experience or college credit.
It’s only 10 hours a week for 12 weeks.
Work from home in your pj’s – or however you’re most comfortable - all you need is a computer and reliable internet.
You will undergo on-the-job training to provide a working knowledge of online copy editing.
You will review stories in AP Style for publication on our sites.
Expand your experience editing special features like columns, reviews, op/ed’s, top ten lists, interviews and more!
Learn what it is to be the last line between a writer and their public on a worldwide stage. You check everything from perusing sources to identify plagiarism, fix spelling, punctuation, grammar and report incidences to editors.
Your work will be double checked by senior editors.
You can get academic credit. We work with any requirements your school has.
Responsibilities- Background in journalism, creative writing, mass communications or related field
- Familiarity with current entertainment-related news
- Excellent written communication skills
- Grammar proficiency
- Computer savvy
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks at once
- Organization and deadline management skills
- Strong social media presence
- Experience in any CMS (Drupal, Wordpress, etc) is a plus!
- Assist the editorial team with researching, fact-checking, and copy editing
- Approving articles for publication via TheCelebrityCafe.com’s content management system
- Assist with promotion on social media and reader interaction