Digital Media Editor (Intern)Bookmark This
Black Men's Dossier
DescriptionBlack Men’s Dossier
So, you absolutely love to write and publish. Perhaps you’re interested in men issues. Here’s an opportunity to be a part of a team, have a voice, and contribute to an emerging new digital publication, Black Men’s Dossier.
Black Men’s Dossier is a digital site that focuses on all aspects of black professional men. Hence the name dossier, we create a complete profile of the black male experience with reporting, opinions, editorials, and videos. The mission is to document the lives of black men everywhere, and be the curator to the black men’s lifestyle.
The Digital Media Editor Intern reports to Black Men’s Dossier operations manager. The interns’ primary responsibilities include developing editorial articles. The intern will research various sources to produce 500 to 800 word articles that delve into current men issues related to business, entertainment, fashion, technology, religion, politics, and/or sports.
• Write, edit, and proof editorial content for web publication
• Research and obtain photography and artwork for editorial content.
• Attend media events and conduct on camera interviews
• Conduct phone and in-person interviews for editorial content
• Produce and edit video
• Research press releases, new sites, and other media sources to generate articles
• Major in English, marketing, journalism, or related field.
• Strong grammar, writing and communication skills are essential
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Familiarity with digital SLR cameras
• Familiarity with video and photo editing software
• Interest in pursuing a job in journalism, public relations or copywriting
• Interest men’s issues such as sports, entertainment and fashion is a plus
• Knowledge or experience with content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal and Wordpress a plus