Writer and Event Guru Wanted for Exciting New NYC Social Startup!!!Free Social Events
Editorial internshipMomentface s.r.o.
Journalism InternMomentface s.r.o.
Online Journalists RequiredKoodel Inc
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Beauty InternHarper's Bazaar
Content EditorRaj SHAH
Editorial / Journalism InternALDO GROUP
Editorial Intern - GEORGIA MagazineBookmark This
2100 E. Exchange Place
Posted: August 17 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGEORGIA Magazine, an award-winning publication based in Tucker, Ga., is seeking an editorial intern for this semester. Founded in 1945, GEORGIA Magazine is published monthly for Georgia's member-owned electric co-ops, offering travel, personality profiles, cooking, gardening, energy efficiency and home improvement articles.
Seeking a Junior or Senior journalism/media communications student willing to learn monthly magazine production from the ground up.
• Internship positions are available to correspond with Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Applications are accepted year-round. Specify in your cover letter which semester you are applying for.
• Approximate term of 3 to 4 months; approximately 15-18 hours per week. Office hours are M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., with a flexible schedule to work around class times. Work location is our Tucker, Ga., headquarters office.
• Special projects accepted if necessary for college credit. Must be in conjunction with university/college career center.
• Transportation necessary; mileage reimbursed if on official magazine business.
• This is a part-time paid internship. Grade 7 stipend, paid bi-monthly.
• Please submit cover letter, current resume and copies of writing clips. No phone calls, please.
• GEORGIA Magazine's website is http://www.georgiamagazine.org. For more on Georgia EMC, or to learn about electric cooperatives in Georgia, visit http://www.georgiaemc.com.
ResponsibilitiesOverall, interns will help edit, write and fact-check articles for the monthly magazine and its Web-exclusive pages, among other duties.
RequirementsApplicants must be enrolled in college classes.
Must have good understanding of the English language for writing, proofing and editing. Must be a creative thinker with good organizational skills. Knowledge of computer word-processing programs is important, desktop publishing, Web publishing and AP Style a plus.