Web Site Creator/Blog Writter2015 give back campaign
Journalism Internship with The LadyDiva Production CompanyThe Legends School/ The LadyDiva Company
Sports Journalist & Sports Reporting Internship - Alabama High School SportsTygtal Exposure & Sports Consulting LLC
Sports Journalist & Sports Reporting Internship - South Carolina High School SportsTygtal Exposure & Sports Consulting LLC
Sports Journalist & Sports Reporting Internship - North Carolina High School SportsTygtal Exposure & Sports Consulting LLC
Editorial Intern - GEORGIA MagazineBookmark This
2100 E. Exchange Place
DescriptionGEORGIA Magazine, an award-winning publication based in Tucker, Ga., is seeking an editorial intern for this semester. Founded in 1945, GEORGIA Magazine is published monthly for Georgia's member-owned electric co-ops, offering travel, personality profiles, cooking, gardening, energy efficiency and home improvement articles.
Seeking a Junior or Senior journalism/media communications student willing to learn monthly magazine production from the ground up.
• Internship positions are available to correspond with Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Applications are accepted year-round. Specify in your cover letter which semester you are applying for.
• Approximate term of 3 to 4 months; approximately 15-18 hours per week. Office hours are M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., with a flexible schedule to work around class times. Work location is our Tucker, Ga., headquarters office.
• Special projects accepted if necessary for college credit. Must be in conjunction with university/college career center.
• Transportation necessary; mileage reimbursed if on official magazine business.
• This is a part-time paid internship. Grade 7 stipend, paid bi-monthly.
• Please submit cover letter, current resume and copies of writing clips. No phone calls, please.
• GEORGIA Magazine's website is http://www.georgiamagazine.org. For more on Georgia EMC, or to learn about electric cooperatives in Georgia, visit http://www.georgiaemc.com.
ResponsibilitiesOverall, interns will help edit, write and fact-check articles for the monthly magazine and its Web-exclusive pages, among other duties.
RequirementsApplicants must be enrolled in college classes.
Must have good understanding of the English language for writing, proofing and editing. Must be a creative thinker with good organizational skills. Knowledge of computer word-processing programs is important, desktop publishing, Web publishing and AP Style a plus.