Editorial InternBookmark This
Eastern Harbor Media
28 West 27th Street, Suite 502
Empire State, NY
The National Memo, a progressive political website and newsletter that reaches more than 750,000 inboxes every day, is seeking ambitious, web-savvy interns. Responsibilities will include aggregating news, writing and publishing stories, helping build new features for our site, creating slideshows and video content, as well as research and reporting. Experience with photoshop and video editing is preferred. Political and web junkies will get real hands-on experience while working closely with our senior staff.
Responsibilities• Identifying, pitching, and writing stories
• Assisting other editors with stories and productions
• Assisting in creating slideshows and sourcing photos
Requirements• Excellent writing skills.
• A deep understanding of and passion for politics and devouring online content.
• Experience with photoshop and video editing.
• Experience in creating/writing blogs preferred.
• Sense of humor and ability to be creative.
• Working knowledge of social media outlets, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest etc.
• Ability to spot viral content- before it goes viral!