Editorial InternBookmark This
June Media Inc.
209 W. Jackson
DescriptionJune Media is a rapidly expanding online media company based in Northbrook, Illinois that focuses on women’s topics. Its main properties are Recipe4Living, SavvyFork, FitandFabLiving, and Work It, Mom!, which receive over 1.1 million unique monthly visitors. We are currently seeking interns who are ready and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working in the realms of food, fashion, and lifestyle publishing.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will have many responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Researching and writing 4 pieces of content per week
• Creating a weekly email newsletter
• Assist in social media interaction on our Facebook and Twitter (over 60,000 followers)
• Observe editorial process of a food/fashion/lifestyle online media company
• Track search engine performance for articles
• Work with Google Analytics to help identify keywords and measure performance
• Design/Editorial brainstorming including site redesign and new ideas for websites
• Assist with our ingredient review tool
• Have fun! We are a social bunch of foodies and fashionistas who love to work and play as a team!
RequirementsQualified candidates should have:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Social media adeptness
• Excellent writing skills
• Knowledge and interest in our content areas
• The ability to work 15-20 hours per week in our Northbrook location
• A degree-in-progress in one of the following: Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, English, or another applicable field