Editorial InternBookmark This
1000 Germantown Pike, F3
Plymouth Meeting, PA
DescriptionITEM Media, a successful publishing company located in Plymouth Meeting, Pa., is looking for editorial interns for summer 2013. The right candidate will be an undergrad with the desire to write and edit copy for two magazines and three websites at a small and friendly yet fast-paced company. Knowledge of technical publications a plus.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the editor
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting
- Writing and uploading new stories to the website
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or creative writing.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, WordPress and other platforms
- Experience/interest in web maintenance