Journalism-Communications InternshipTierra del Sol Foundation
Editorial Team InternshipC-Suite Media, CSQ Magazine
Editorial intern for local business publication and websiteWorcester Business Journal
Business Management Intern-Home Rule NewsTenth Amendment Media Group
Social Media Communications WriterOrganic Gender
Editorial InternBookmark This
Cedar Hill, TX
DescriptionClued In’s unpaid fall, spring and summer internships are flexible and can mostly be completed remotely, though there are office hours required. University credit may be possible.
if they have not already done so, applicants are encouraged to subscribe to Clued In to gain a better understanding of our publication and its style and voice.
Clued In’s editorial content is selected locally. The Clued In intern is a lady with her thumb on the city's pulse and is responsible for helping to select content, planning reader events and networking within her community to grow the Clued In brand. Photography, public relations, marketing and design internships are also available.
ResponsibilitiesThe Clued intern will focus on a variety of activities geared towards building Clued In’s local presence including:
1. Help source premium, relevant content ideas across a variety of categories (restaurants, fashion, home décor, arts and culture, etc.) and source related photography.
2. Grow awareness of the Clued In brand through targeted relationships, personal networks and marketing campaigns.
3. Use technology and modern marketing techniques to manage the Clued In social media presence including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Foursquare. Identify new methods for socializing and distributing Clued In content.
4. Assist with reader events by securing and collecting swag bag donations, facilitating RSVP lists and check-in, photographing events and event logistics.
5. Partner with charitable organizations, campus groups, young professional groups and other entities on promotional opportunities to grow subscribership.
6. Write editorial content keeping Clued In’s style in mind; interview community rock stars, indie business owners, slow fashion designers, etc when necessary.
7. Contribute to contact management systems; assist with administrative duties.
5-10 hours per week
Strong writing and communication skills
Professional and polished demeanor
Personable and outgoing
Strong organizational skills
Proactive and autonomous- can work with little guidance
Interested in the hyper-local and shopping, restaurant, music and entertainment scene