Lifestyle/Blogger InternA.N. Publishing
Culture & Society Editorial/Blogger Intern (Men's)A.N. Publishing
Culture & Society Editorial/Blogger Intern (Women's)A.N. Publishing
Digital Journalism Paid Internship - Summer 2015, DeseretNews.com Faith and Family SectionDeseret Digital Media
Digital Journalism Paid Internship - Summer 2015, DeseretNews.com Moneywise and Opinion SectionDeseret Digital Media
Editorial InternshipBookmark This
Think Commerce Group
1125 NE 125th Street
Description*MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN MIAMI OFFICE*
We are looking for students or recent graduates passionate about writing, marketing/advertising and eCommerce to join our team. Hours are flexible and can range 20-40 per week. This is an unpaid internship, but can turn into a paid position.
This is a great learning opportunity to get your foot in the door as you gain valuable experience. If you are interested in being part of an early stage startup, and meet the qualifications listed below you will be a great fit for this internship. There are a limited number of openings with potential to remain on staff.
Think Commerce Group is seeking an editorial intern to help manage content on three different websites: CelebrityChef.tv, CelebrityTravel.tv and TravelBig.com. This person will work closely with the editorial director and executive editor on content creation and idea generation. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in English (preferably journalism or creative writing) and will have experience writing and reporting at a previous internship or school newspaper. However, anyone who’s passionate about learning is welcome to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast growing company and add clips to your portfolio (yes, you will get a byline).
All candidates should have a general interest in food, wine and travel.
As an intern you will receive a monthly stipend and class credit.
About Think Commerce Group
With a growing family of sites across multiple genres, Think Commerce Group is reaching the masses and creating opportunities for users, advertisers and merchants. With vision, purpose and results driving every move we make, Think Commerce Group is paving the way for online publishers.
Responsibilities· Write and produce blog posts
· Pitch original ideas in editorial meetings
· Light administrative duties
· Track trends, news, blogs, new products and viral trends online as they pertain to food and travel
· Contribute to Think Commerce Group’s presence on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Assist in building a loyal audience for our sites/content by gaining “likes”, “followers”, etc.
• Regular content/photo posting, linking back to brand sites to drive organic traffic.
• Establish Relationships with relevant bloggers and forums to seed article/video content around the blogosphere and Web.
Requirements• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently; capacity to troubleshoot problems and suggest appropriate solutions using logic.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and adjusts to changing priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience with Photoshop is a plus.
• WordPress knowledge is a plus.
• SEO knowledge is plus.
• Bachelor’s degree candidate (Junior or Senior) or recent graduate.
• Good technical understanding of the Web and can pick up new tools quickly.
• CREATIVE THINKERS A BIG +++