Editorial / Journalism Intern - DigitalBookmark This
The real Now
Doral and Biscayne blvd
DescriptionAssistant digital editor for www.therealnow.com. A newly launched portal for The real Now, a women's movement for a happier life in the Now with daily articles and tips, community forums, events and digital campaigns.
This position is available year-round. The real Now is going through an exciting phase of exponential growth and creative process that will benefit any student with eyes on any type of entrepreneurial project.
Great opportunity for exposure to modern editorial processes, marketing, PR, and celebrity influencers.
Candidate will work directly with founders.
Hours are flexible and student may work in part, remotely or virtually.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- 100 % English and Spanish bilingual
- Impeccable writing and translating skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus