Editorial / Journalism Intern: Fitness & WellnessBookmark This
Apogee Fitness & Wellness
White Plains, NY
DescriptionWe are currently looking for Journalism/Communication/Writing students who are
interested in interning for a fitness and wellness company that produces content on 2 highly trafficked blogs,
press releases, fitness and wellness articles for a nationwide as well as international audience.
This is a non-paid internship, however college credit is available as an option for those
interested. This internship is located at our main office in White Plains.
Various internships are available year-round; schedules are flexible and can work around
the student's availability. Internships are available in three-month increments or longer,
depending on the agreement.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus