Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionVAIN LLC is an international multimedia company. We provide everything from online, digital and in print publishing to beauty and apparel products. Our motto at VAIN LLC is "Curate Your Life" and we communicate this ideology in everything that we do. We are currently seeking interns who are interested in building a career in online and/or in-print publishing. Students must be highly motivated leaders and have aspirations of becoming Editor-in-Chief or Managing Editor of a major publication. VAIN LLC is seeking interns who could learn the entertainment media business, grow and become fulltime staff within the organization. Applicants must be a self starters, creative, personable and hard working.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus