Intern for Startup Political SiteControversialtruths.com
Entertainment & Pop Culture Editorial & Social Media Intern - CelebrityWatchdog.comBluelink Marketing
Health & Wellness Editorial & Social Media Intern - BiteSizeWellness.comBluelink Marketing
Red Carpet Reporter, Entertainment News Stories Writer, Voice Over and Camera INTERNS Spring 2014Maximo TV
ColumnistThe Indian Economist
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Kansas City North, MO
DescriptionNorth is a growing lifestyle magazine based on the community North of the River in Kansas City. Monthly we feature current fashion trends, community events, restaurant reviews, travel destinations and so much more!
North is looking for an Intern who wants experience in all areas of the Publishing Industry. Responsibilities will vary anywhere from helping to cover events to updating social media and editing copy. Some light account management may also be required. You will work closely with the Publishing Editor and the Creative Director.
Hours are flexible and while the position is unpaid there will be opportunities to receive tickets to select events and other benefits as well as potential for growth with the magazine. There is also opportunity for compensation by earning commission through advertising sales if you so choose.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Publishing Editor and Creative Director.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Assist in updating and maintaining the community calender and events page
- Assist in some account management
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus