Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
24000 Creekside Road
Santa Clarita, CA
DescriptionAbout the internship
Signal Multimedia is looking for editorial interns for news, special sections and video reporting.
With a daily paper, news website, special publications and in-house, green-screen studio, Signal Multimedia interns have the opportunity to report and earn bylines in multiple forms of media.
In the past, successful interns have published multiple front-page bylines and video bylines. They have covered on-scene breaking news stories, court cases and city/county events. Creative feature opportunities are available in the daily paper and special niche publications.
We expect responsible, reliable, sharp and hungry journalists. Our staff can help guide you through the rest. By joining our editorial team, interns can carve out a valuable role in our newsroom.
About Signal Multimedia
Founded in 1919 as a community newspaper serving the Santa Clarita Valley, Signal Multimedia is a thriving multimedia corporation offering community journalism to some 280,000 residents.
Signal products include: a daily local newspaper, the go-to website for local news, monthly and periodic topical magazines and a daily, magazine-style Web show.
About the area
The Santa Clarita Valley is a tight-knit, suburban community located about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
Responsibilities- Assist the City Desk with daily operations, including: Web posting, press releases, pitching stories, writing news and feature stories for print and online
- Writing, researching or editing special projects, as needed
- Opportunities to shoot video are available to those interested; based on merit, videos will be included in daily Web show
Requirements- Deliver clean copy that accurately and succinctly tells the desired story
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
- Able to manage tasks without constant supervision
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Journalism, media or communication arts major is a plus
- Basic copyediting skills and knowledge of AP style is a plus