Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionAbout My Green Birmingham:
My Green Birmingham is Birmingham’s most trusted online resource for everything green living related. Our site appeals to a great variety of readers-many of whom have sought us out in hopes of learning more about living a greener lifestyle here in Birmingham. Our readers want to stay informed with local green related events, sustainability practices, politics, and other community developments that help them stay connected to our region’s positive growth. We do our best to publish content that informs and educates, yet also inspires action.
We are seeking an editorial/journalism intern to assist with writing articles, editing, and other business communications. Our website is expanding to the Montgomery market in the spring of 2014, so we are looking for assistance with that efforts as well. Ideally, intern applicants will be located in the Birmingham/Montgomery, Alabama area and will have a knowledge of the local community. However, interns who are out of that geographic area will be considered as well.
The intern may work remotely based on access to required equipment or may work at our office in Innovation Depot, a community work space.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus