Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Pecado Ink Magazine
DescriptionEditorial/ Journalism interns will gain the experience of writing for a published magazine. The intern will also gain the knowledge of various types of writing. These writings can include feature stories, news articles, interviews and much more. The knowledge of deadlines and how they specifically work will also be acquired as most stories will be on a strict deadline to meet the timetable of issue releases.
Pecado Ink is a company that focuses on women and their contributions and impact on the tattoo industry. Along with many creative projects, Pecado Ink also publishes its own online magazine entitled "Pecado Ink Magazine", which features many tattooed women throughout the world known as the "Ladies of Ink".
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, or communication arts is preffered.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus