Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
208 Rowan St
DescriptionUp & Coming Weekly is the source for information on community news, arts and entertainment in Fayetteville and Cumberland County, NC.
For more than 15 years Up & Coming Weekly has been the Cape Fear Region's leading community newspaper. As an alternative weekly, our goal is not to be at the center of controversy, but rather the vehicle through which people begin to understand the news that affects their daily lives. Up & Coming Weekly is also the source for information on arts, entertainment and community news.
Up & Coming Weekly is published by F&B Publications every Wednesday and delivered by carriers to more than 600 locations throughout Fayetteville, Cumberland County, Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base. Up & Coming Weekly is a free, community news weekly, with an audited circulation of 11,000. Unlike many free publications, Up & Coming Weekly has been audited since its inception.
Up & Coming Weekly holds membership in NCPA, SAPA, AFCP, and IFPA.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus