Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionWe are currently seeking interns who are interested in building a career in online and/or in-print publishing. Students must be highly motivated leaders and have aspirations of becoming Editor-in-Chief or Managing Editor of a major publication. VAIN LLC is seeking interns who could learn the entertainment media business, grow and become fulltime staff within the organization. Applicants must be a self starters, creative, personable and hard working.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Also includes many of the same job responsibilities as our digital journalism intern position.
He or she is also expected to assist editors and producers by conducting research and
compiling information for special sections, enterprise stories and breaking news
events. The intern will gain technical experience working with HTML, Photoshop and
our database-driven content management system. In addition, he or she will acquire
more journalistic skills, including writing headlines and summaries and sharpening his
or her news judgment.
The internship is intended to teach the skills used by a producer for EricaVain.com and
other VAIN LLC entities. This on-the-job training will expose interns to how news
judgments are made and how the plans for larger enterprise take shape. As the
internship progresses, interns can expect to contribute more and more to the coverage.
The applicant must be a undergraduate or graduate student at the time the application
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus