Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
The Beauty Consultant Magazine
DescriptionThe Beauty Consultant Magazine (TBC), exists to fill a much-needed gap in the multicultural beauty community. More than just service providers, hair stylists, barbers, nail technicians, and other beauty industry professionals also play the role of confidant, counselor, and trendsetter. TBC is a unique media outlet by serving as the beauty professional’s confidant, counselor, and trendsetter. We are a quarterly digital publication for the beauty professional community. We are seeking internships for our editorial, art and sales and marketing departments.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Beauty Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Writing editorial from press release provided
- Provide content for TBC website
- Write editorial for magazine
- Assist in media kit
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus