Fashion EditorDeux Hommes
Student Writers Needed To Write About College Life!University Primetime
Music Writing InternFireBack Records
NYC based design brand seeking TWO research/journalist interns to join teamSMJ DESIGNS The Brand
Social Media & Community Management InternDistilling and Grilling LLC
Editorial / WriterBookmark This
DescriptionThis position is an internship that is primarily responsible for researching and developing content that showcases all aspects of the company’s activities and other business topics. The Reporter/Editorial Assistant will use qualitative and quantitative skills to research, analyze and present results and experiences. S/he must be able to convey complex information simply and briefly. Working with the Director, External Relations and Communications, the intern assistant is responsible for writing up and coordinating company’s publications and resources in online and print forms both to external and to internal audiences. In addition, s/he assists in editing documents, reviewing with an eye for consistency, clarity, and grammatical correctness.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
· Drafts and edits content for Enel Green Power North America, Inc. (EGPNA) and Enel group internal publications and intranet items.
Use research and interview techniques to write original content for EGPNA communication materials (e.g., press releases, conference abstracts, presentations, newsletters, brochures, and other documents).
· Prepares summaries to announce news on the company’s website and via social media channels
· Responsible for proofreading and fact checking all documentations or publications.
· Work with company's External Relations and Communication department to ensure content is finalized and reviewed before publication.
Participates in development and monitoring of publications timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
· Seeking a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications or related field of study.
· Minimum of 2-5 years of related experience.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Exceptional writing skills, close attention to detail and excellent proofreading.
- Work closely with news editors to provide the most complete and compelling local education coverage - Maintain and develop a beat through interaction with members of the community
- Present a more complete picture of events and a more visually appealing presentation of coverage in both print and digital formats - Work successfully independently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills EXPERIENCE: - Bachelor's degree and experience preferred
- Computer and Internet proficiency a must
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience in photo, video, and social media is a must
All applicants are required to have their own transportation, a valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Videographer skills a plus +++
-Familiarity with Wordpress a Plus ++