Editorial/Journalism/Writing Intern - Electronic Dance Music FocusBookmark This
DescriptionFaciamus LLC, owner of www.Tri-StateEDM.com, is looking for interns to edit and write articles to be published to an audience of 40,000 plus per week. Articles will be written and submitted on a weekly basis to a supervisor who will then edit and publish them based upon certain criteria per week.
Many of these articles will be freelance assignments, but others will be research tasks provided by the supervisor. Articles focus will be primarily on the Electronic Dance Music genre and its subgenres. Artists, concerts, festivals, releases, and any news within the industry will be deemed relevant.
Interns will be able to work from home in order to cover news in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and, Massachusetts.
Interns will be compensated in receiving the MAXIMUM amount of credit hours possible through their School or University.
Please respond with resume and writing samples through this application or to mspaeth@tri-stateEDM.com.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, communication arts, or anything within the music field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance