Editorial / Journalism Intern for Popular Food BlogBookmark This
DescriptionThis internship is for the food blog Cooking Stoned (cookingstoned.tv), a vegetarian and vegan food blog that focuses on sustainability around food. We currently work with Whole Foods Market and various other properties, developing recipes and doing food photography.
Recipes need to be copy edited and ingredient checked, where the amounts listed in the "recipe card" are echoed throughout the post correctly. Wine reviews will need reviewing and editing as will beer reviews. Feature posts will also need reviewing.
This is a virtual position and can be performed anywhere and should require no more than 2-5 hours a week.
Responsibilities- Assist with copy editing recipes, blog posts.
- Proof reading recipes for ingredient consistency.
- Basic image editing.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of Google docs and WordPress
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with online image editors is a plus
- Basic HTML knowledge a big plus
- Foodies and those that like to cook a plus