Editorial / Journalism InternshipBookmark This
Career Success - Ask a Wharton MBA
DescriptionMy name is Lei Han. I am the Founder of www.bemycareercoach.com. Our mission is to
1. Disrupt the post college education industry (You don't need an MBA to succeed) and
2. Level the playing field for all career minded professionals (We will share the the secret of success in corporate america that is not taught in any classroom or institutions today).
I am looking for a self-motivated, college intern to work directly with me on a variety of editorial and writing assignments. Currently we already have over 180 articles on the website and over 70 newsletter articles for email subscribers. We have reached over 300K visitors in 100+ countries and have almost 2K subscribers to our newsletter.
WE have many exciting strategies planned for the future including
• Publishing a series of mini professional success guides on Amazon
• Building a subscription based community online
• Launching a “candid conversations” podcast series
• Piloting a new way to job search online
I am looking for an intern that is not afraid to get his or her hands “dirty” and wants to gain experience and skills in a wide variety of editorial, writing, and journalism related tasks. We will start small to see what you are comfortable with and I can give you progressively bigger responsibilities based on your level of interest and skill set.
This is a virtual, part time internship position. We will work primarily by phone, Skype, and email. I am flexible on the number of hours per week as long as we can make tangible progress each month
Benefit to the Intern:
• Chance to work directly with me - a successful business executive and Wharton MBA. You can find out more about me on LInkedin at www.linkedin.com/in/leihan
• Develop tangible job skills that can boost your resume
• I can also guide you on your job search and career path, if needed
• Opportunities to help make a difference in other people's career success.
ResponsibilitiesSample responsibilities can include
- Provide editorial support to blog posts, newsletter articles, and eBooks
- Write guest posts on related sites to link back to our site
- Support social media efforts with short content
- Research topics that interests college student and young graduates who are career-minded
- Provide administrative support to the website content creation (No tech knowledge needed)
Requirements- Pursuing a 4 year Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Philosophy, Economics, Public Relations or related majors
- Open minded, eager to learn, enthusiastic and can take direction well
- Can write / edit well and can also communicate well verbally
- Proactive in asking questions and get things done
If you are interested in this internship, please do all of the following when you apply. My email is email@example.com
1. Tell me about yourself (college, major, GPA optional) and why you want to be my intern
2. Go to www.bemycareercoach.com and submit a relevant comment to at least one post on the site