Editorial / Journalism InternshipBookmark This
Viral PR Agency
732 S FInancial Place
Chicago’s newest LGBT-focused (high-resolution) digital magazine is seeking a talented, reliable, committed, fun, and passionate (unpaid) editorial/journalism intern. The ideal candidates will be motivated, enthusiastic Junior / Senior journalism students and recent graduates to help with fact checking and story research.
Interns are hands-on from day one with opportunities to write scripts, report on current trends, blog, vlog, podcast, and learn audio and video editing.
• Gain valuable hands-on experience
• Build your professional portfolio & get published
• Connect with and network among top industry professionals
• Showcase your dynamic skills and talent to the world
• College credit (Optional)
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, two writing samples and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editorial/Journalism Internship" in the subject field.
Applications are taken year round, but you MUST RESIDE IN CHICAGO.
Responsibilities• Fact-checking, story research, event coverage, and short magazine writing assignments
• Writing for various sections of the magazine, when needed
• Creative "Think Tank" discussions
• Community Event Coordination / Street Team Grassroots Campaigns
• Program is very flexible to accommodate school & work schedules
Requirements• Must reside in Chicago
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills, meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy
• Experience writing, blogging or otherwise creating entertainment content
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and Internet research
• Aggressive work ethic with an unwavering tenacity is a must
• Must have own laptop
• Blogging, vlogging, and/or podcast experience a plus
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Podcasting, Blogging