INTERN FOR GREEN LIFESTYLE MEDIA WEBSITEBookmark This
30 Broad St. #405
New York, NY
DescriptionExciting, fast-paced, summer internship with an eco-friendly media site in the Financial District celebrating their second anniversary.
Looking for a student in their junior or senior year who possesses a can-do attitude and drive to meet the demands of a start up media property and brand poised for growth. The intern will report to our Editor/Social Media Specialist.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building followers on social media platforms
• Assisting in content management for social media platforms
• Connecting with brands on behalf of the site to fact check and/or get content
• Developing campaigns to build engagement
• Writing online content
• Coordinating editorial calendars
• Staying in touch with writers and helping them meet deadlines
• Following trends
• Posting stories on Word Press
• Building media lists
• Editing articles
• Representing site at green events
• Researching Competition
• Monitoring SEO
• Analyzing and reporting on social media interaction
Our ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, creative, very interested in healthy lifestyles and sustainable living and enjoy working in a small team environment.
Excellent opportunity for a dynamic communications, journalism or English major to gain real-world, career experience. MUST take an interest in a green/eco-friendly lifestyle and be active proficient in popular social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Instagram. Knowledge of online media and Word Press a real plus. Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word for MAC computers.
Only resumes with cover letters will be considered. Please put the name of the position in the header of your email.
This internship is for credit, plus travel stipend.