JOURNALISM, WRITING, AND EDITOR INTERNSHIP WITH EXCITING NEW SOCIAL STARTUP COMPANYBookmark This
Free Social Events
DescriptionWe are an exciting new startup company launching in Spring 2014. We offer a unique combination of online social networking with offline activities. We strive to be the premiere source of all events going on in a particular city for all types of people. Through our social network we are able to provide bulk FREE tickets to many premiere events in NYC. We also organize and plan original events that foster the building of new friendships (with other singles, couples, gay, straight, moms/dads, and more!). Finally, we provide content through our blogs and articles that we distribute on our website.
ResponsibilitiesWe are a small company, which means you will be thrown right into the fire with a true hands-on experience. Some of the tasks you will be working on:
- You will literally be involved with ALL facets of the editorial process, a truly unique experience.
- Generating new ideas and creating events from start to finish.
- Helping to build communicative and collaborative social infrastructure for our Blog.
- Marketing and Advertising events through various mediums.
- Creating and Managing Editorial Calendar.
- Researching and managing our staff of independent writers.
- Opportunity to write articles that will be published on our website.
- Increase exposure for your personal brand.
- Forming and negotiating new partnerships with other social networks and entities locally and nationally.
- Flexible hours and often work from home (your office will be the city!)
- Attending events and having fun! Earn school credit if needed! Make new friends!
- Incredible networking opportunity as we touch many different types of industries.
The Internship is non-paid, however, we are a young company and we will be offering you the intern position with the hopes that you will become a valued, future staff member. We will also have a nice title you can put on your resume and real experience/contacts you can take with you if you decide to seek other opportunities. This internship is partially virtual, which means communication and collaboration will take place through email, audio/video chat, and phone. Live meetings will be 1-2 days in the midtown area. Please send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.