Journalism - Editorial Assistant Internship [Virtual]Bookmark This
DescriptionYFS Magazine is looking for versatile, hard-working, and talented interns who are passionate about our brand, startups and entrepreneurship. YFS Magazine interns have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of an online media company, including online content creation and social media marketing.
Visit us online at yfsmagazine.com.
Responsibilities• Assist editors daily with various editorial tasks (i.e. researching and preparing images, contributing to stories, transcribing interviews, entry level reporting projects, online fact-checking, copy editing, writing original articles and data entry.)
• Attend and report on industry events as needed, when applicable
• Assist editors with editorial calendar updates, posting on Facebook and Twitter, keeping track of contacts, etc.
• Entry level reporting projects; organize, research, source experts and deliver final drafts
• Proofread article copy for spelling or grammatical errors and factual inaccuracies
• Proofread and copy edit articles to better fit our editorial policy, style and tone
• Initiate or reply to correspondence regarding published articles or content considered for publication
• Online research, data entry, fact-checking, copy editing and email correspondence
• Execute content quality assurance programs
• Brainstorm contributor development programs
• Organize and complete adhoc content and social media projects.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills and pays meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, database programs and Internet research is a plus.
Requirements• Enrolled in a college or university
• Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Business Administration or related coursework
• Commit at least 20 hours per week to a virtual internship role and work independently on predetermined days through the week
• Access to a personal laptop throughout the week