Journalism InternBookmark This
Young Hot and Modern Magazine
DescriptionYoung Hot & Modern is committed to providing interns with hands on experience with journalism, public relations, and marketing platforms. At YHM, interns have the opportunity to create vibrant new sections to the upcoming magazine and craft their skills. Prospective interns should have a keen interest in the media industry.
The best part about this program is that YHM interns are allowed to work from home!
For those who are interested and do not live in NJ or NY you can still apply. Interns who are in the area come out to meetings and plan future issues, events, and advertisements with Team YHM.
Interns must be available to intern for a full-time schedule for the entirety of the program from January to May. A minimum of 5 hours per week will be devoted to the internship.
The journalism Intern will be exposed to the creation of content for the brand’s publication and the opportunity to create a new section.
Responsibilities- Gather story ideas and write/produce news stories
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
- Create videos and other multimedia communications to supplement news stories
- Performs related duties as required
Requirements- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas
- Knowledge of Wordpress.com a plus
- Video editing skills is also a plus
Journalism, Communications, or English