Journalism/Freelance Writing InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionWho are we?
Newlogical.com is a digital content company based in New York City that's aiming to change they way we view the rest of the world. It isn't just news, it's content that connects with people and makes a difference. We want to challenge the conventional norms of journalism on an international scale. We are officially launching in September but we are currently hard at work putting everything in place.
Our verticals include: Innovators which outlines key players both young and old in entrepreneurship, Parallels which outlines overseas developments to better link them to the United States and Unconventional, a vertical aimed at challenging conventional wisdom in an constantly changing world.
Possibility of position within staff and stipends after a certain amount of written articles.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be expected to:
- Post a certain number of articles a week ( 3 to 5 articles ranging from 500-600 words) on current events here and abroad
- Participate in general pitch meetings via Skype or Google Hangout where the content for the week is created
- Work with the director of content to ensure that articles are posted on time and are relevant
- Copy edit work and source photography
Ideally we are looking for freshmen and sophomores at college, but anyone is welcome to apply. Coursework in economics, political science and journalism are a plus.
Must have a strong interest in international developments, changing trends, entrepreneurship and writing.
Writing samples are required as well as basic journalism experience. But above all we are looking for enthusiastic writers who are quick on their feet and eager to learn.
- Ability to break down complex information and articles in easy-to-read format (We will ask that you do so for a writing sample)
- Knowledge of WordPress and SEO a plus (We will also provide training)
- Previous journalism/writing experience
- Knowledge of international news, developments in economics, entrepreneurship trends
- Interview, research and outreach experience