Editorial intern for local business publication and websiteWorcester Business Journal
Business Management Intern-Home Rule NewsTenth Amendment Media Group
Social Media Communications WriterOrganic Gender
Editorial Intern for TheDrinkNation.comDrinkDC
Editorial / Journalism InternSocial the Lifestyle Magazine
Journalism/Blogging and Content Marketing InternshipBookmark This
1420 K Street NW, Suite 200
DescriptionWe're a fast growing online voting and voting management software company that is leading the charge to help organizations transition to online voting and online elections and achieve breakthrough results with cutting-edge voter mobilization techniques. We’re keenly interested in elections, organizational governance, the democratization of organizations and corporations, new uses for voting within corporations, crowdsourced decision-making, citizen engagement projects, and participatory culture. We routinely write about these topics on our blog and we often author white papers and research papers as a part of our expansive monthly content marketing program.
The intern will be required to work approximately 15 hours per week. Available work hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are flexible based on candidate’s school schedule. This internship is unpaid. The candidate will be paid a stipend of $15.
We're looking for talented journalists, writers and marketers to join our content production team
Responsibilities• Researching and writing original stories for our blog
• Interviewing Votenet customers, partners and subject matter experts
• Interviewing Votenet’s CEO and writing regular columns for him
• Editing content prior to publishing or production
• Participating in content planning team meetings
• Researching and analyzing story ideas and concepts
• Managing our blog and publishing content to our blog and web sites
• Planning for search engine optimization
• Authoring rich white papers and research documents
Requirements• Journalism, English and/or Communications coursework; Coursework in Political Science is a plus.
• Graduate students or accomplished undergraduates (juniors and seniors only) will be considered
• Strong research and writing skills; experience writing about political science, psychology, voting, elections, democracy and participatory culture is a plus.
• Experience with surveys, data collection, and research papers is a plus
• Experience with blogging and blog management is a plus
• Editing experience and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Team-oriented collaborator with an optimistic and positive attitude is a must
* Please apply for this internship if you can work in our office in Washington, DC.