Journalist Writing for Web PublicationBookmark This
DescriptionThis is a great opportunity for a student in journalism or communication. We are an early stage technology start up aimed at helping PhD students graduate. We need: interviews, blogs on what is happening in higher education, short articles on trends in education, rewriting some of our content for syndication, and more technical writing with one of our business partners - a qualitative software company. Our website language is English, but Spanish would also be a plus. We are dedicated to building learning environments for our interns, and most, if not all, leave us with great references for their next position.
ResponsibilitiesThis internship will average three types of articles being worked on each week:
One blog, one interview and one article. Time is flexible to match a student schedule. Each week we meet and plot the next couple of weeks focus, allowing people to opt in or out as their rest of their live dictate. All writing will be published and promoted, so that our interns can become as involved as they want in the marketing end of web publishing. In addition we will be launching a book from Sept - Nov 2013, allowing our team a focus on building pre- sales, etc.
RequirementsThe successful applicants will:
1) be self starters - able to maintain solid working hours without supervision
2) be comfortable with an international virtual environment (no office, we meet on skype)
3) be able to work with flexible hours and meet deadlines
4) have strong writing skills on which to build
5) enjoy working with a team and tracking the analytics which result from their work