MVP Magazine Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionA bi-monthly magazine featuring America’s top interscholastic college bound student-athletes. “MVP magazine” provides interscholastic athletic news on the wit, soul and unwavering determination of college bound student-athletes. Created for the college bound student-athlete, parents, coaches, aspiring college student-athletes and lovers of interscholastic sports, the magazine showcases the desires of college bound student-athletes across America, advice from experts that are involved in interscholastic and intercollegiate sports and highlights of strong characteristics of trailblazing athletes that are making impacts in their communities.
We are looking for dedicated journalism interns to work on the upcoming issue. This is an unpaid internship; school credit is available.
- Internship is for 3 months
- Work for 10 hours per week.
- Must be dedicated and have a desire to learn and be a team player with a positive attitude.
Duties include, but are not limited to: Creating spreads for the magazine, flyers for events and print ads.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus