Outdoor and four-wheel drive journalistOverland International
Journalist / Writer / ReporterSRM Graphics and Printing
Editorial / Journalism InternBleu Magazine
Japanese-English bilingual internshipTokyo Journal
Journalism / Publishing InternshipTokyo Journal
Digital/Social Media Summer InternshipVenue Magazine
Journalist/Content Writer - Summer InternshipSTACKS Magazine
Citylivingdc.comForeign Affairs DC
Media Intern (Film/Video)Bookmark This
Posted: September 16 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe internship is for the 4th Estate Project. The mission of the 4th Estate project is to replace anecdotal and speculation about how the media covers important issues in our society with visual intelligence based on statistical analysis of the media. Goals of the project include providing insight into the behavior of newsmakers as well as showing patterns in the behavior of journalists, media outlets and media corporations as they cover the issues of the day.
4th Estate data is multi-faceted. It can show how often women are quoted versus men; it can be used as reliable quantitative data that serves as the basis for making arguments of liberal or conservative bias; it can demonstrate the behaviors of a participant in the environment and their particular influence (both being influenced or influencing others). The 4th Estate Project uses the same proprietary technology that its parent company (GlobalNI) uses to service its enterprise corporate customers.
The first domain that the 4th Estate project tackled was Election 2012 – both the GOP Primary and the General Election. We published data on the Election on an almost daily basis. We tracked major US policy debates within the Election coverage and tried to demystify the carefully orchestrated influence campaigns run by both the Democrats and the Republicans. Election 2012 was shaped by many factors including the rising influence of Super PACS. We hope the 4th Estate Project provided critical insights into all of the vying influences of the campaign. We received a wealth of great coverage. During the Election, there were over 100 articles about 4th Estate Project including high-profile articles in Washington Post, The Atlantic, C-Span, PBS, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report and The New York Times among others.
With Election 2012 over, the 4th Estate Project has turned to widening its focus. Our long term goal is to start generating daily content across multiple domains on a daily basis. In essence, we want to help citizens to understand what we all are consuming in a daily basis – as far as media is concerned.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio environment
- CRITICAL: Record desktop computer screens and actions for demo and training videos
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web
- Interested in exploring new and creative ways to present interviewer/interviewee dynamic
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- Experience with Local Access stations