Writing Internship - Comedy IndustryRANTFarm Entertainment
Writing InternshipLate Night Boston
Music Writer/Reviewer for Entertainment/Lifestyle PublicationDeviate Publishing
Paid Fall Editorial Internship: Chicago, Ill.MediaTec Publishing
Journalism Intern at BNO News Wire ServiceBNO News B.V.
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo/Journalism) New YorkBookmark This
New York, NY
Descriptiong33ktalk is an innovative media company building an international network of startup oriented software engineers who love open-source technologies.
“Hacker” runs deep in our culture, and we’re looking for startup-savvy interns to help content creation and curation.
Started by software engineer & serial entrepreneur Pete Soderling in 2012, we’ve currently launched in NYC and SF with plans to launch internationally this year. Via our own growth hacking techniques we’ve already built distribution to thousands of software engineers who trust g33ktalk to deliver high quality software engineering content.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video/audio communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Film video / record audio on tech meetups
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Work with top developers to make sure the content is engaging
- Work with the marketing team on the distribution channels
* have previously worked for at least 1 startup or want to be deep in the startup culture (no posers)
* have experience with content creation and can point to successful examples of your work
* are wicked smart, write exceptionally well, have a dry sense of humor (you can’t blame us for wanting it all)
* have knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
* have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
* already write code
* have an interest in tech journalism
* have previous experience building a digital media product
* to be on the cutting edge of content marketing strategies, and part of a team building a platform that embodies them
* to help us take a stab at the crazy vision that a new media co doesn’t need to be funded by advertising
* to make the world a better place for software engineers
* the thrill of working on another early stage company
If you’re interested – email us at julia@g33ktalk:
* send us at least one example of online content you’ve successfully produced & distributed
* tell us how you measure the success of your distribution
* include a list of the last 5 meetups you’ve attended
PLEASE DONT SEND US SAMPLE BORING COVER LETTERS - WE NEED TO SEE YOUR PERSONALITY BEHIND IT