Niagara Writing and Reporting InternBookmark This
205 N. Michigan Ave Suite 4240
DescriptionNiagara Foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded in Chicago in 2004 but has 22 branches in Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. Niagara Foundation strives to foster civic conversations and sustained relationships between people of different cultures and faiths.
The writing and reporting intern plays a big part in that mission by creating content that keeps our community informed and engaged outside of Niagara events.
The writing and reporting intern has similar responsibilities as a reporter to an online newspaper. The writing and reporting intern will research content, interview contacts, and contribute to the development of Niagara’s news site. He or she will work with the Director of the Communications to pitch ideas and will post content related to Niagara events and international affairs. Interns are also responsible for helping with writing press releases and other PR assignments.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include: researching and contributing to blog, contacting Niagara members and sources for interviews and research, and producing PR materials.
This is an excellent opportunity for journalism and communications students to build a diverse writing portfolio and strengthen their ability to pitch, research and edit. Additionally, interns will be encouraged to participate in brainstorming and developing new programs and initiatives at Niagara.
Requirements- Students who are currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior status are eligible.
- Students majoring in journalism, broadcasting, communications, or international relations are preferred; other majors will be considered.
- Participants must have good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities and knowledge of current events.
- A 3.0 GPA or above is recommended.
- Students must be able to meet the minimum time commitment of 12 hours per week for 12 weeks.
Must attach a cover letter including the following:
1) Why you want to work for the Niagara Foundation
2) What you hope to learn/expect to learn through the internship program
3) Your weekly availability
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.