Online Content WriterBookmark This
Great Seed Inc.
DescriptionGreat Seed Inc. (GreatSeed) is an exciting start-up that aims to build a website based global community for cultural preservation, transmission and innovation. Nowadays in the fast-paced modern age of information, too often a time our cultural heritages are drowned in the globalized pop culture and mass production. Against this current, GreatSeed is on a quest to locate and introduce the best of our cultural heritages, in the form of the finest handcrafted artworks and designs worldwide, to the global audience, in order to preserve cultures and inspire innovations.
With big dreams ahead, we are starting our journey step by step. Our first project is targeting China, the vast country that has 5000 thousand years of history and countless treasures for us to discover and pass on – not just the handicrafts themselves but also the beautiful stories behind.
In late 2013 we have initiated the Slow Made in China campaign, in which we hope to build a community that appreciates traditional and indigenous culture, handmade craftsmanship, as well as innovative designs that evolve traditional handicrafts. The word “slow”, as opposed to “fast” in “fast food”, underscores our philosophy that the best things take time to design, craft and prefect, just like fine wine.
Along the way, we need exceptional wordsmiths to tell the stories that these handcrafted cultural artworks as well as the masters/artists behind the works deserve. We need passionate writers who share our enthusiasm to pass on the legends, true stories and words of wisdom from the craft masters, in order to invite and gather people who have been in search of these cultural gems and inspirations.
• Please prepare two writing samples (less than1500 words each) – journalistic or blog style preferred
• If you are not a student, please email your resume, cover letter and writing samples to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about GreatSeed, please visit our Facebook page: www.fb.com/greatseedinc
• As an online content writer, you will be writing stories about a certain piece of artwork or a certain category of handicraft in order to introduce the item from different angles, such as history, background, production procedures and interesting facts, etc. You will be provided with pertinent resources but you will also need to research on the item to enrich your writing
• For master/artist profiles and interviews, you will need to proofread and craft the English translation of interviews in fine writing
• You are welcomed to pitch creative ways of telling the stories and introduce the artists
• You will be able to work remotely as long as you can submit your works online on time
• BA in creative writing, journalism, communications, fine arts or any other relevant disciplines
• Independent research skills
• Excellent writing skills in English
• Self-starter and ability to deliver quality work on time
• Knowing Chinese is an advantage, but not required