On-Campus Florida Gators Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
Journalism / Social Media / Public RelationsMarketing Consultants of Orlando
On-Campus UCLA Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
On-Campus Harvard Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
On-Campus Stanford Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
Online Journalism Opportunity - writing, reporting & blogging for approved Google News sourceBookmark This
News For Shoppers
News For Shoppers is seeking journalism students with the ability to write 4 to 7 short (200 to 300 words) articles per week geared toward shopping, consumerism and entertainment.
- Be able to write in a clear, concise, entertaining manner with proper grammar
- Be web savvy and curious, able to do their own research and investigate stories from all sides
- Understand the basics of news journalism (inverted pyramid format, provide information - not tips/advice/promotion)
- Be interested in commercial products - whether it be tech, travel, entertainment, music, health, home, auto - that companies offer to the public.
Our primary goal at News For Shoppers is to provide helpful news, updates and information to consumers that are deciding how to spend their money and time.
Requirements--- Benefits ---
Our goal with your writing at News For Shoppers is three fold:
1) Build your reputation and presence as an online journalist.
- You'll be writing under your own byline and have your own journalist page with an index of your stories.
- We'll help you get set up and connect your stories to Google Authorship. This will help build your authority as an online journalist and improve the rankings of your stories in Google (even when you write for other sites - Google Authorship follows you).
- We'll encourage and help you to grow a social media following.
2) Grow your knowledge of online journalism
- You will learn about writing with Search Engine Optimization in mind.
- You will learn what readers respond to - what they want from your writing.
- Your will learn how to contact and build useful relationships with press reps and other sources.
- You will learn how to make money with your writing using Google AdSense.
3) Earn money
At NFS, journalists receive a 50% share of the revenue their articles generate.
We do this using Google AdSense. 50% of the time that your articles are viewed, your AdSense ads will be displayed. Google tracks the traffic your article receives, the click-thrus, and pays you directly.
This is not a get-rich-quick program. You will need to get some articles online and see how things work before you are likely to earn much.
You will also need to qualify for an AdSense account. We will help you with that, but it can take a couple of weeks of writing before you qualify. However, it is well worth the time invested to get an AdSense account - it's something every serious online journalist should be familiar with and know how to use.
If you don't currently have an AdSense account - don't try to get one on your own before you contact us. Please let us help you through the process to increase your chances of successfully qualifying for an account on your first try.
It's important to note that as a writer at News For Shoppers, you will not be an employee of News For Shoppers - you will be an independent journalist participating in our revenue sharing program.
News For Shoppers is a fantastic launching pad for new online journalists. We are an approved Google News and Bing News source, so your news articles will be indexed into Google News and Bing News within minutes of publication. You'll be building your online reputation, learning, and earning, all at the same time.
--- To Apply ---
Join our site as a regular member: http://www.newsforshoppers.com/join-nfs
Reply to the welcome email we send you. Tell us about yourself, your education, experience, and interests. Be sure to mention you found us through internships.com - we'll get back to you promptly, usually within 24 hours.
Hope to hear from you soon!
News For Shoppers