Writing InternshipLate Night Boston
Music Writer/Reviewer for Entertainment/Lifestyle PublicationDeviate Publishing
Paid Fall Editorial Internship: Chicago, Ill.MediaTec Publishing
Journalism Intern at BNO News Wire ServiceBNO News B.V.
Seeking Journalism Student With Interest in MusicYoung 'n Fly Magazine
Photojournalism InternBookmark This
1000 North Hancock Street
DescriptionPhilly2Night is an online entertainment and nightlife information resource for the local Philadelphia and Atlantic City metro areas. Our website features numerous listings of people, places, events and photo galleries – which makes for interesting points of interaction with our audience. We deploy our photography team members to bars, nightclubs, concerts and events in the area to take pictures of young, active adults. We then use these photo opportunities to entice consumers to visit our website.
This is an unpaid internship, but in exchange for your hard work and dedication, we can offer you real work experience, professional skill building, networking opportunities, field experience, and personal growth. There will be opportunities for compensation, depending on performance.
Responsibilities- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with local venue owners and event planners for obtaining press passes
- Attending numerous events throughout the month
- Taking a minimum of 200 total pictures for the night and load them onto our FTP Server no later than 24 hours after they have been taken
-Handing Philly2Night photo cards to each person photographed
Requirements- 21+ years of age
- Professional digital camera and laptop
- Willing to work nights & weekends to attend events
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Must have an understanding of on-line social networks and active profiles
- Knowledge of local venues & the Philadelphia “scene” a plus
- A vast interest in music/art and culture a plus
- Blogging experience a plus
- Reliable Transportation (public or private)
- Proper attire for events at nightclubs – no sneakers or baggy clothing