Spring Semester Internship for College Credits - All Majors May ApplyBookmark This
DescriptionTheAlternativePress.com is now interviewing for spring internships. We are looking for bright, inquisitive, energetic and creative interns to fill multiple positions.
TheAlternativePress.com is an objective daily online publication that reports on local town news. We are currently serving more than 50 towns in the Northern New Jersey area and are rapidly expanding.
Our publication covers everything from local government to art & entertainment and everything in between.
We are currently looking for English, Education, Video Broadcasting, Political Science, Business & Finance, Hospitality, Communication, Health and Physical Education and Sports majors.
We are currently looking to fill the following intern positions:
• General reporters – report on events and general local news stories – one day assignments
• Investigative reporters – are given research assignments – one day/week assignments
• Local Politics and Government – report on town council meetings – interview politicians – meet Mayors and Town Council Members
• Junior Editors – re-write press releases
• Special topic reporters – education, sports, health and wellness, giving back, food & wine…etc
• Business & Marketing – setting appointments, manage social media, meet with clients
Students may obtain 0, 2, and 4 credits per semester. Schedules and weekly hours are flexible.
• Transportation and travel expenses
• Writing original stories that will be published
• Re-writing Press Releases for publication
• Traveling to town events, government meetings and to conduct interviews
• Must have a digital camera or quality camera phone (applies only to interns out in the field)
** All responsibilities listed will not be assigned to one intern. Applicant must specify if interested in general reporting, special topic reporting such as government news, social media, junior editor, etc. (refer intern position list)
• Outgoing and sociable personality
• Excellent grammar
• Must be willing to travel for assignments
• Must have transportation (unless applying for junior editor or social media position)