Love your school & love to write? Blog for your school at SurvivingCollege.com!Bookmark This
Surviving College is a website dedicated to all things college. We cover advice, news, and humor pieces dedicated to academics, budgeting, career/internships, college life (including food, health, dating and social life), sports, technology, travel, and of course, plenty of TV, movies, memes, and music! We’re currently looking to get more involved on college campuses and start student-run branches of Surviving College dedicated to their schools.
This is a VIRTUAL position. Ideally, SC Campus Reps would be responsible for the following:
• Pitch & write articles about their school or that are relevant to the categories on SC
• Share their articles via brand and their personal social media sites (Twitter & Facebook, mainly)
• Recruit other students to become Campus Reps & write for their school’s branch of SC
Length of the position is AT LEAST one semester, but preferably Campus Reps will stay in the position for a full school-year, or longer.
• Opportunity to expand your writing portfolio
• Training in Wordpress, Search Engine Optimization, and brand use of Social Media
• Great leadership experience for your resume!
• A personal recommendation letter from SC’s Editor-in-Chief
We are looking for a motivated student who is passionate about writing and social media. These are the minimum qualifications the candidate must meet to be considered:
• Quick and strong writing skills
• Excellent research skills
• Motivated, outgoing and detailed-oriented personality
• High level of on-campus involvement
• The ability to write 1 article (at least 300 words) per week
• Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop or a photo editing program is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to Brittney Helmrich at email@example.com with the subject “SC Campus Reps Position” and the your school (i.e. “SC Campus Reps Position – ASU”)
• Writing Sample: Personal blog post or an article you’ve written (doesn’t have to be published!)