Gypsy Soul Entertainment
DescriptionGypsy Soul Entertainment is a multifaceted company that specializes in event management, event & meeting consulting, press & media relations, and promotions. Our goal is to give independent artists with limited budgets & mainstream artists seeking innovative alternatives the opportunity to reach fans through innovative tactics and original strategies while providing fresh, fun, pocket friendly events to the public.
Gypsy Soul Entertainment is seeking a dedicated intern to submit copy for company blog as well as assist in providing quality recounts and updates concerning events, artist interviews, and other news worthy musical and arts activities. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in working within an entertainment and events atmosphere. The interns will have the opportunity to expand and sharpen their skill sets concerning: journalism, interviewing, and editing. This position will change and shift as needed.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will change and shift as needed, but the following are the core responsibilities and include:
• Attend company events
• Create blogs detailing Gypsy Soul events and activities
• Conduct interviews with musical artists and post article on blog
• Research information on artists scheduled for interviews
• Required to attend a weekly meeting with direct supervisor
• Some travel is required
Requirements• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and video editing software and photo software
• Experience with blogging or knowledge of blogging
• Excellent writing skills
• Interest in interviewing and editing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Stellar organizational ability and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently within a given framework and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work as a team player
• Reliable and flexible; ability to work a few occasional nights/weekends
• Strong interest in entertainment, art and music
YOU MUST BE 21 AND OVER TO APPLY.
If you feel that you meet the requirements and you are interested in filling this position, please email your resume, cover letter and three writing samples to email@example.com. Please place “Internship Opportunity” in the email subject line.