Writing & Research Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionWhat is Jeg News?
Jeg News is a news site only reporting the good news in the world. When you turn on the news at night you hear about the violent crimes in the world and we want to inform you about all the good that is happening in the world. (www.JegNews.com)
You will not be getting coffee, tea, or anything for else! You will be a key part in the daily operations of Jeg News!!
Responsibilities-Report the Good News in the world!
- Research stories and companies
- Write articles 500-1500 words in length for publication
- Partake in interviews
- Brainstorm story ideas and run with your idea until story becomes full fledged
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Google Drive and Skype
- 1 to 3 years of prior news writing skills required
- Available for 10 to 15 hours a week to work on news stories for a minimum of 10 weeks.
When applying please send:
-cover letter explaining why you want to intern at Jeg News
-writing sample of previous work