Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Beauty / Fashion / Health WritersBookmark This
Posted: August 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnmatched Magazine is a free online lifestyle magazine. We provide tips and news in style, beauty, entertainment, sports, health, and life. A new issue is released every month. We are a start up magazine.
This is a virtual internship. We will communicate through email, phone, Skype/FaceTime. We are looking for writers to contribute to the different sections. You will pitch two or three ideas to the director once a month and with the approval of the director, you will work on that piece for the following issue. You'll also need to find photos to go along with your piece. You can take them yourself, if you have photography skills, or you can find free images online.
Responsibilities- Pick your beat: beauty, style, or health
- Find a couple stories/topics to write about regarding your selected beat
- Go over with the director to see which one to go with and/or any tweaks should be made
- Find free images to go along with your post
- Submit at least one piece for each monthly issue
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- Positive and upbeat personality
SkillsRequired - Writer
Preferred - Health, Beauty, Fashion, Blogging