Writing Interns WantedHighSpeed Media
Fashion Blogger & ColumnistSociety Row
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Public Relations Mandatory Internship (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Editorial Office Intern (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Editorial / Journalism InternTorrent Pharmaceutical Ltd
Baseball Prospectus – Yankees local siteBaseball Prospectus
Journalism ***Intern for Winter Quarter***Sorbeen
JOURNALISM INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Salty Southeast Cruisers NET LLC
Posted: May 03 2015
Company Location: Elon College, NC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSalty Southeast Cruisers’ Net (CruisersNet.net) is offering a real world experience for a summer communication / journalism intern. This is a great opportunity for a communications / journalism student seeking to build their portfolio.
We publish articles about boat cruising the coastal waters of the southeastern USA and are a small virtual company with partners located throughout the eastern U.S. Duration is flexible but must commit to 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of two months. The position is unpaid. You will work out of your own location since we are a virtual company and will need to provide your own computer and internet connection.
ResponsibilitiesBecause content is such a significant pillar of our marketing strategy and this internship is focused on writing, you will have an excellent opportunity to discover the inner workings of all aspects of our business:
• How we use content to drive traffic.
• How the online publishing process works.
• Introduction to the technology, systems, platforms and tools used to run an online business.
You will also experience and be exposed to a highly diverse variety of writing and content components:
• Article research, writing and editing
- One particular area of research focus will be Cuba
• Identify, manage and maintain an active presence through regular communications including:
- Weekly and monthly update emails to our users and sponsors
- Social media postings, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Working with news aggregators such as Google News
• Press release conception, writing and editing
• Developing media contact lists
Requirements• Strong writing and editing skills, prior experience with copyediting and proofreading
• Excellent computer skills
• Creative and exceptional research skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Proficiency with social media on multiple platforms