Editorial / Journalism InternZAG Group of Companies
Editorial Intern at Brooklyn-based Art MagazineGLASS Quarterly Magazine
Social Issue Journalist InternBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Editorial / Journalism InternCovered Community
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Editorial / Journalism InternAliveMind
Globe Afrique is Looking for Journalists to Write About Africa & the DiasporaGlobe Afrique
International - Global Journalism Internship - Remote - VirtualIVANNOVATION
Content ManagerBookmark This
EllaEmmaPea Media, Inc.
Posted: March 06 2015
Company Location: Fayetteville, NC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEllaEmmaPea Media is a production and publishing company that publishes the blogs AGirlandHerHipHop.com(Hip-Hop/music), NoWhipCream.com (Women's Lifestyle) and GymShoesandShorts.com (Sports and Sneakers). We are currently looking for potential content managers with a combination of conversion writing skills, HTML knowledge and promotion ability to represent all three blogs preferably in the Atlanta or North Carolina areas who are into the hip-hop music scene, but not limited to that. This could turn into a permanent and paid position for the right person or people.
Content Manager duties:
- Must understand some HTML for embedding from social media platforms
- Must be able to write compelling Headlines
- Make 3 weekly trend post
Trends are hot music (R&B try to stay away from pop, but some is okay), Celebrity gossip (urban culture), Viral Videos (videos over 1 million views, urban culture related), Movie Trailers, Any post covering events like the Grammys, AMAs, Oscars, BET Awards, Fashion week videos, etc.)
- Make at least 3 monthly original post
Original post are created specifically for the blog. Examples Beauty Reviews, Polyvore Outfits, Fitness Tips, Love/Sex Tips, Cocktail Ideas and original videos uploaded to Youtube channel.
- Must keep up with events like Grammys, Oscar, BET Awards, AMAs for style post
- Keep up with Fall and Spring NYC Fashion Weeks
- Must be into Cocktails and Drinks
- Must be willing to review beauty products for free or you may have to buy the product for review.
- Must be able to create a Fitness guide for Summer and Winter (Use examples already on the blog and find some ideas you want to do)
- Must be able to give love and sex tips
- Must also keep up with important holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day, St Patrick's Day etc.)
- Be creative as you could also make post for Women's Month, Style Icon and a Black History Month posts.
- Will be in charge of any interns or contributors. Will be expected to choose these as well
- Must be able to self edit and write according to APA rules
- Expected to run and promote post on the blogs Twitter and Pinterest accounts as well as write any paid content (will get paid for this) assigned to the blog.
- After a year you will be in charge of the email address for the blog.
- Must be able to negotiate paid content, Banner Ads and market the blog (This is how we get paid) You will be given a percentage of all completed deals. This duty includes sales.
ResponsibilitiesIntern will report at the end of each month to the current content manager of the EllaEmmaPea Media Blogs with articles, event and music ideas via a google plus hangout. At which ideas will be selected to go on the editorial calendar for the following month that will go out no later then the 10th of the month. Ideas can be submitted for the calendar up to that date.
Interns will be expected to stay abreast with the latest music and hip-hop news aboard and in their area order to submit relevant ideas to the editor. Interns be expected to cover their cities hip-hop scene from fashion to music and will receive special assignments from the editor when available.
Requirements-Social Media Skills (facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube, etc.)
-Knowledge of blogger and/or wordpress
-Must have own camera that captures videos and stills
-Knowledge of the inverted pyramid
-Knowledge of AP style for articles
-Video editing skills