Digital Content Curator/ Web Journalism INTERNHedge Accordingly
Business Writer / BloggerBlue Star Partners LLC
Journalist/ Blogging InternGBS The Beauty Store
Internship at Talk SportsTalk Sports
Video EditorStily Inc.
Creative Writing/Social Media InternPosture Pro, Inc.
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Contributing Music WriterBookmark This
Posted: April 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are looking to add writers to our small, yet dedicated, team of music lovers known for breaking talents such as Sam Smith, UsTheDuo, Karmin, and others. Next2Shine.com is seeking to creatively develop and nurture our audience by building consistent content. As a writer on the team you also should have a firm understanding of how people consume content on mobile and should know the value of producing snackable posts that people can read and share while waiting for coffee.
NY, LA, and the UK
- personal invites to concerts, release parties, listening sessions, ...and festivals (if you behave well!)
- networking opportunities
- selfies with artists
- brainstorm & research music related topics to generate content for readership
- prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- rewrite copy and check facts, as needed
- actively scour soundcloud and mine youtube for unbelievably jaw-dropping talented acts to feature
- attend shows/events you’re assigned to and accidentally bump into artists to strike up conversations
- monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- incredibly strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- 2-4 clips that showcase your skill at using vivid descriptive writing (we love adjectives!)
- flexible schedule (you’ve got ̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ last minute invites!)
- 21+ is preferred (you know.. it would be nice to buy you a drink every so often)
- should be able to receive school credit and dedicate at least 15 hours per week
- you should absolutely love music.. just a little more than you love to breathe (we’re pretty serious about this)
- a very basic understanding of html, photoshop, and wordpress is always handy!
- self-driven.. (you make your own rules and drive on the other side of the road)
- you were just born as a copywriter