Journalist/ Blogging InternGBS The Beauty Store
Internship at Talk SportsTalk Sports
Video EditorStily Inc.
Creative Writing/Social Media InternPosture Pro, Inc.
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Intern Needed for Manhattan DigestManhattan Digest
DuJour Magazine Fall Editorial InternBookmark This
2 Park Ave
New York, NY
Posted: June 17 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDUJOUR MAGAZINE FALL INTERNSHIP
DuJour is the award-winning luxury lifestyle brand that covers celebrities, travel, food and wine, fashion, beauty, fitness, design, business and technology. Our stories run the gamut: An issue might feature an investigative piece on a socialite’s murder in Aspen, alongside a gorgeous travel spread about an exclusive private island. The magazine, which launched in 2012, seamlessly integrates print, digital and video while providing unprecedented access to over 3 million affluent men and women.
Our ideal intern is independent, ambitious and in-the-know when it comes to luxury lifestyle trends. The magazine has a fairly small editorial staff, giving interns the opportunity to become an integral member of our team. Qualified candidates should have writing, reporting and fact-checking experience, and most importantly, be full of ideas. Our best interns have been detail-oriented and diligent—and tackled every assignment with a positive attitude.
Interns will work closely with DuJour’s senior staff, exploring both the fast-paced, energetic print and digital magazine world. The intern will perform a number of tasks including pitching story ideas, performing research on a variety of topics, transcribing interviews and contributing to DuJour.com (Style, Life, Body, Work, Play, Culture, Cities, Homes and Estates). Communication skills are a must along with the ability to successfully complete strict deadlines.
• Researched story topics ranging from A-list celebrities to fine wines
• Attended/assisted with photoshoots
• Interviewed actors, experts and authors for stories
• Covered red carpet events, premiere parties and openings
• Transcribed interviews
• Miscellaneous tasks for Editor in Chief
• Pitched/wrote stories for DuJour.com
• Assisted with photo research for web stories
• Compiled round-ups and galleries
• Attended editorial meetings
• Compiled seasonal book memo
• Fact-checked print stories
• Called-in products for photoshoots
• Sat in on “deskside” PR meetings with editors
Send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Silberman at email@example.com