Travel Writer InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Journalism InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Blogging Intern/ Brand Ambassador (journalism)Always Werking LLC
Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Television News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism Internurban legend presents
Writing Interns WantedHighSpeed Media
Editorial & Writing Intern for Culture/Politics/Music/Movies WebsiteBookmark This
Posted: April 25 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 15 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionClick here to apply to our Culture Editorial Internship: http://comicsverse.com/comicsverse-careers/culture-writing-internship/
Click here to apply to our Politics Editorial Internship: http://comicsverse.com/comicsverse-careers/politics-writing-internship/
ComicsVerse is a burgeoning authority on comic book & cultural analysis, avid advocates for underrated work and the go to site for all things nerdy. We cover everything in the popular culture landscape and provide content for the seasoned consumer and the newcomer alike. Our editors and writers are from a wide range of backgrounds with varied interests and strengths. We operate like a startup - Nobody wears just one hat.We are a group of inspired writers, speakers, interviewers, editors and filmmakers looking to expand.
We're looking for a talented editorial and/or writing intern with a passion for popular culture that will work with our Culture team under the Executive and Managing Editors. The ideal candidate is self-starter, a quick learner, and a lover of words and communication. We welcome all to apply.
The Culture section for which the position will join, strays from the typical content seen on the ComicsVerse site. As such, we are looking for those who love to research the shifts in cultural trends and to write about their evolution, impact, and possible connection with other movements across the globe. We have several positions open in each area: Television, Film, Music, Books, Technology, and Politics. If you love to engage the public with new information, helping people to expand their ideas and challenge dominant thought, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2-3 pitches biweekly for new multimedia content for Culture section
- Minimum one writing contribution every two weeks (approximately 1,000 words or more) about any topic of your choosing that has been approved by an editor
- Attend mandatory online (Google Hangout) meetings biweekly
- 10 hours weekly editorial shift
- Attend mandatory online (Google Hangout) meetings
- Social media management (Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/Instagram/etc)
Requirements- Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Works well with a team but also has leadership qualities.
- Ambition to take on own projects and see them through.
- Prior experience editing is not required but preferred.
- Strong command of language, grammar, and punctuation.
SkillsRequired - Editing, Writing, Communication, Creative
Preferred - Social Media, Excel, WordPress