INTERNSHIP: Journalist /Travel Content WriterTrend Prive Magazine
INTERNSHIP: CopywriterTrend Prive Magazine
Photography/Journalism InternshipRespect The Pound LLC
Article Writing InternshipRespect The Pound LLC
Editorial InternLabelleladiva Enterprises LLC
Editorial AssistantSouthern Bride
Editorial Intern for UrbanGeekzBookmark This
Posted: September 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUrbanGeekz.com is a groundbreaking nationwide video-centric digital news platform geared towards the African American, Latino and multicultural markets. Its team of specialists and talented journalists cover a wide range of topics, with a focus on technology, science and business. The innovative website also provides authoritative lifestyle and entertainment content. UrbanGeekz is headquartered in Atlanta.
We are looking for smart interns to join our editorial team. Applicants can work remotely or from our space at Atlanta Tech Village in Buckhead. This would suit an undergraduate or graduate looking to break into journalism. Please email an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities• Pitching story ideas and covering assigned stories
• Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor
• Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing reports
• Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
• Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements• -College undergraduate working towards a bachelor’s degree
• A good command of written and spoken English
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills combined with a keen attention to detail
• Interest in social media and social networking sites desirable
• College undergraduates who need to earn college credits are welcome to apply
• Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
• Interns will also have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and social media initiatives as well as company operations